Sunday, October 2, 2011

Just another day in Paris

     We (the girls I was with+me) were lucky enough to get a little tour around the neighborhood where we have most of our non-Catholic Institute classes from our professor! He was showing us a good patisserie location and on the way showed all sorts of exciting things. 
After the little tour we went off and explored some of the shops we had walked by.
Yes, this is a bum chair

Then we went to the Lafayette Gallery (huge shopping place) and Printemps.




    It was a bitter-sweet trip; sweet because of all the eye-candy, bitter because there's no way I will be in a position to acquire some of them clothings probably ever.
    But it was still fun! I like to think of it was a museum for clothing, because other wise all of that excess is a bit nauseating. 
More of the lock-bridges.
I've become a bit obsessed with the film-grain setting on my camera...

   After the love-lock bridge we went to an Indian restaurant called Safran. I love Indian food. lots. It's comforting to know that pretty much no matter where you go in the world if you can find an Indian restaurant it will be delightful (this of course would only apply if you like Indian food).
    Safran was no exception! And to top it off they gave us a pack of bindi's instead of a business card!
   After the Indian food I was craving a mango lassi, but didn't want to pay the crazy rate the restaurant was asking for--but never fear, this potential disaster was resolved by my friends suggesting we go to Amorino's gelato place. I had never eaten there, and had been a bit wary of it because the girls in my group were sometimes making up to three visits there a day, which means it had to be really scrumptious...and I'm already an ice cream/gelato/frozen yoghurt addict. However, I girded up my loins and decided to try it out. it. was. delicious! Not quite as divine as the gelato I had at Harrods, but very, very close. And it gets even better: the mango flavor I got tasted just like a mango lassi! Score! I will now be joining AA (Amorinoics Anonymous) along with the rest of my group.
  And that, mes amis, is another day in Paris. Can't wait to see what'll happen next!





No comments:

Post a Comment