Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A stroll around the Madeline

The pastry of the week:
Stodgy
 Rating: 2= meh
  This pastry tasted like someone had mushed up a bunch of croissants and then soaked them in almond paste. I didn't even eat all of it which is saying something. 
  Then I popped over to the Madeline Church just to see what it was like.
   It's supposed to resemble a Roman temple and was built to celebrate the glory of Napoleons army....hmm I'm not so sure I'm keen on the idea of building a church to glorify man...but it is really beautiful!


I love this alter sculpture thing

 Then I walked around and went to this museum:

   It was really interesting, but much tinier than one would expect! They had a lovely collection of old perfume flacons that I wasn't allowed to photograph--such intricate designs! 

Street art of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment