Monday, October 10, 2011

Fête d'automne

   A marvelous lassie from our SAG decided to throw a tea party celebrating autumn! Right before the party a couple of us went to St. Ouen to see the huge market there. There are several markets that make up the maze, and because we were heading to the party we went through very speedily, I guess I'll just have to go back (tragic, huh?).
     Once you get past the tourist tat market there are hundreds of antique/vintage stores. Why don't I live in France? I've never been interested in furniture before, but after seeing some of the beautiful old pieces it made me wish I had a house to put them in.

Some shop owners playing cards

Yes...this is a noose?
   On the way back to the metro I spotted several Indian restaurants--I'll definitely be going back!
   Then we took the RER (a bigger train that takes you out of Paris) to where the tea party was being held!
It was so beautiful (and yummy)! 
Here's our lovely hostess: Brynn!
   It was someone's birthday and so Brynn had baked a cake--scrumptious!
   Then we all talked in loud voices (trying to be discreet about being American all the time is a bit tiring) and watched a silly chick flick: Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. Very silly, but it was so nice to have a cozy girls night.
    "Result!"
P.S. This is a good song for a rainy day (plus, they let you download it--gratuit)

No comments:

Post a Comment