Thursday, October 6, 2011

"In the gardens I get lost, that is unless I'm getting found..."

    I was just thinking the other day about all of the cool things you can do with a bike that has a basket and is a beach cruiser. Lots of people in France ride bicycles. It looks like fun. 
Did you know that Christmas is coming up? 
  This woman is giving her bird a bath. If you have a bird I recommend
 you bathe it in like manner. 

    When I sometimes get around to jogging I go along the Seine. It is super pretty! When I retire I'm going to become a river gypsy and live in one of those cool houseboats pictured above. 


   The other day an outing to see a museum turned to an outing for lunch....this happens more than I would care to admit. I really liked this tea place, it was sooo yummy! However, while we were eating the waiter kept bringing us little cookies that we hadn't ordered... We notified him that we hadn't ordered them but he just shushed us and walked away. At the end of lunch we looked at the bill and they hadn't been included, so that was nice? I don't understand. Is it popular cafe culture to order things for people you like the look of-- like how people order drinks for someone in order to get a spy movie going? I don't know. Maybe they had been dropped on the floor? Poisoned? Licked? Oh well, I'm still alive and they were quite tasty.
I gave this a 7/10= great
A Feuilletine Praline= chocolate mousse, hazelnut cream, cream, and a dash of mocha.  Yes, this does count as lunch. 

This is Saint-Sculpice, the second largest church in Paris (Notre-Dame de Paris is the biggest).
  It wasn't very touristy until that one Dan Brown guy wrote a book that mentioned it...something about a code.
Some lovely street art:
Yay Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment