Saturday, October 8, 2011

"Down in Paris they walk fast, that is unless they're walking slow"



    Whilst exploring around the Eiffel Tower we stumbled upon the American Library! They were selling used books and so I got an Emile Zola novel that my professor had mentioned in a lecture. It's kinda scandalous, it's about this actress called Nana who destroys every man who pursues her...and then she dies from smallpox.....but hey, it's a classic!

Down the street from the American library was this AMAZING art nouveau apartment!!!

I'm in love with it.
Someday (before I become a river gypsy) I will live here.
This week I went to the George Pompidou Center with one of mes amies.
    The view was lovely, but the most intriguing bit was watching the clipboard scammers from above. The clipboard scammers are a very interesting bunch that I will devote an entire blog post to once I've gathered enough interesting footage, so I'll be all suspenseful and not explain myself right now. 

    I used to not like modern art, but then I took an AP art class in high school and discovered that once you understand and discuss the intent and technique behind the piece it becomes much more interesting. 


    However, some modern pieces I will never fully appreciate or understand whilst sober. 
  This was soo cool! It was a story about lives intersecting and the words intersected and ahh!
Can I have this fence for Christmas?
and a bike?
    Afterwards my friend had to go home so I explored Les Halles (a big shopping centre) and then had a very yummy early dinner.
This place is right behind the George Pompidou center.

A vegetarian moussaka (not a mufasa)
I don't know what this is, but it was yummy:
Pastry, honey, custard, and pistachio thing. 
   I am definitely going to go back. The guy serving at the place was a super nice man from Bangladesh who stopped to have a nice chat and sympathized with my French-learning difficulties. The price was very reasonable and he wasn't snobby about me dining alone or not ordering a drink.
   I then went to an institute activity, met lots of very nice people, and finished off a very lovely day with a hot cup of herbal tea-burrr it's getting chilly!


No comments:

Post a Comment