Friday, September 23, 2011

Tasty treats

    This is a passionfruit tart from Jean Noel Julien, and it just looked so pretty I couldn't resist. Rating: good. It looked really pretty but I wished I had picked something else, which means that it can't get a super high rating. It tasted very similar to your average trifle: some nice passionfruit flavored mousse with cake and of course the fruit garnish. So nothing super exciting, just nice and light, although I do say the presentation was beautiful!

Minty strawberry (or raspberry, I can't remember)
Passionfruit chocolate
Cafe
   Rating: hmmm, pretty much the same as the passionfruit thing: good. They look absolutely divine and so cute, but they're really just not a "to die for dish". They didn't leave me wanting to try them again, just super sweet and not super interesting. I personally would have preferred to have gotten some delicious creamy chocolaty flaky pastry or some lovely frozen yoghurt/gelato, but a lot of people in my group love them, so I guess I'm just an odd one. Well, better luck next time!
   I also had sushi for the first time today and I really liked it! We went to a place called Rice and Fish that was pretty good, again, nothing extraordinary, but I really enjoyed it. My friends suggested starting with a California roll because it's a very safe sushi to start out with, I thought it was a bit boring, so now I'm ready for something that tickles my taste-buds a bit more. I'm hoping to convince someone to come to a Moroccan or Indian restaurant next, you can't go too wrong with one of those!
Song you must listen to: Ne Me Quitter Pas~ Regina Spektor 

No comments:

Post a Comment