Saturday, September 3, 2011

Brighton days

   My first full day in Brighton one of my cousins took me to go and see The Seven Sisters which are a group of white chalk cliffs in South Sussex Downs National Park not too far from Brighton.
    We had tea then walked around for a bit and relaxed and enjoyed the scenery--it was absolutely stunning! The sheer drop of the cliffs to the ocean was so thrilling and  beautiful...
...it looked like the edge of the world.
    Because the cliffs are made of chalk England has had some major problems with large pieces just crumbling off! Luckily, there were no such catastrophic events while we were there.
We then returned to Brighton and had a relaxing evening at their bachelor pad.
    The next day we went down to Brighton Pier, had a little walk on the board walk and then lunched. After that I went off to do some exploring.
The Brighton Pavilon
    Brighton is a really fun city to explore and wander around--lots of little shops and twisting alleys. It appears to be the 2nd-hand shop capital of England, there were vintage and thrift stores everywhere as well as funky boutiques! It's probably good that I don't have any room in my suitcase, because if I did there would have been some major expenditures goin' on. 

    It kept reminding me of a mini San Francisco, lots of very artsy bits and a nice bohemian vibe. I really loved the time I spent there--lots and lots of fun!
   That evening I left to go to another set of cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment