Monday, September 5, 2011

Reigate

    My first day in Reigate I went to watch my 9 year-old cousin's football (soccer) match. I have to say I'm not much of a spectator sport person, but kids matches are always more fun to watch than professional ones. They totally creamed the other team 11:1--ouch!
       We then tried out geocaching, which is kind of like a treasure hunt, but with a GPS instead of a motley crew of buccaneers. Also, the point is to find a cache and then write in a log book and if you feel like it take out a trinket and replace it with something else. In theory it sounded fun, but once we started we came across a few issues:
1. The GPS was only accurate until 20 meters away from the cache...then its guess was as good as yours.
2. We had small children who didn't like to walk.....
3. Dang GPS~!
The view from Box Hill was super pretty though!

   And, after a 2 hour search we finally found one!
'twas pretty exciting!
    On the way back we picked some blackberries (they just grow all over the place so it's the national past-time!), and I tried eating elderberries....bad idea. Not only did they taste like twigs but as I later found out that elderberries are only edible once cooked....I felt a bit green about the gills the rest of the evening.
     Sunday was super relaxing, we had a very traditional lunch: roast beef and Yorkshire pudding with runner beans followed by apple and blackberry crumble with cream. We then messed around a bit with hula-hoops and juggling, and admired their Roman snail they found. I then caught a train to London for the last leg of the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment