Monday, August 29, 2011

Oxford & Yarnton: Day 2 &3

     I had a very nice, relaxing Saturday: bike ride, reading, blackberry picking, had some lovely herbal tea--it felt quite English!
    Sunday, I went to an Anglican (Church of England) service with my cousin to see how it was. It was in a suuuper old church (that I thought I had a picture of but don't) and was very nice. Then, my cousins took me into Oxford for a nice Sunday ramble, and they showed me their favorite shake place: Shakespeares!
It is in a tiny little side ally and there's no way I ever would have found it on my own. The shakes we got were fanTastic! They had so many flavors and a lovely ambiance! I tried a Hob Nob  one and was instantly hooked--in fact I've been craving one ever since!
All I want for Christmas: Hob Nobs!
 Right by Shakespeares is a little path that leads into a covered market. I never once saw it the 5 hours I'd wandered through Oxford earlier! So, I guess the rule in Oxford is to explore any dark alley ways because you never know what gems you might discover!
   I then left to the next stop: Milton Keynes!

No comments:

Post a Comment