Friday, August 26, 2011

Kenilworth: Day 2

   I started out the day grocery shopping with one of my cousins, and then went on a beautiful walk around Abbey park. It was still nice and sunny--what luck!
      I ended up at the ruins of Kenilworth Castle, and feeling a bit thrifty, didn't want to pay the entrance fee and so I just walked around the outside.
I saw this hole and considered crawling through it.....
....but there was stinging-nettle everywhere (and spiders)!
     After the castle I went for a looong walk around town and stumbled upon the Abbey that the park I mentioned earlier was named after.
The graveyard around it was so mystical and mossy! Note to self: acquire fancy tombstone for later. I think the fancy-pants tombstones make a grave yard so beautiful and somber.
    I then went inside the Abbey, enjoyed the organ music, and then wandered around for an hour or two and then cooked dinner with one of my cousins. What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment