Thursday, August 18, 2011

Howick


     We went to Howick to stay with more cousins! There was fantastic food (all of our South African relations were fantastic chefs), and then and we watched the funniest comedy show I have ever seen. I usually don't like comedians and sigh inwardly whenever I get stuck watching someones favorite comedian for hours on YouTube (I find most comedians to be so full of themselves it makes me queasy). However, this guy was very funny (and slightly less narcissistic). His name is Trevor Noah and although he was a bit naughty, I was so excited to get most of the South African social commentary jokes!
    One of the days we spent there we went to Howick Falls which was very beautiful:
We then shopped around a bit and then our cousins showed us a local shoe factory--it was so quaint! There was a very well-designed sun dial outside which was of the elves and the shoemaker story:


       The next day we were shown a pig farm, which changed my mind about consuming pork...pigs are kinda yucky (except when they're babies).
    We also were shown a polo-horse farm, went on a beautiful drive, and then went to Michael House School ( a posh private school--gorgeous), then went to a very cute place for tea.
    We then left the next day for Johannesburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment