Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Milton Keynes...sort of

    I caught a rather late train into Milton Keynes, was picked up by my kind uncle, and whisked away to Tyringham where my aunt and uncle live. Tyringham is a lovely estate about 45 min away from Milton Keynes and has several cottages and houses (big and little) that I will put up pictures of later.
    My first day there I was taken to a place called Aynhoe Park where one of my cousins was staying, to have lunch and, obviously, visit with them. 
  
         Aynhoe Park is one of the most (intentionally) bizarrely decorated places I have ever seen! It is usually rented out for parties and photo-shoots, but I got to sneak a peak and it vaguely reminded me of a movie called Howl's Moving Castle


Secret door! 
These bits of buildings are a collection from all over the world!

    I was expecting the owner to be quite eccentric, but he was very nice and (for lack of a better word) normal. I can't get over how beautiful it was! You could go through the house a hundred times and still miss a small detail--it is a total collage!
This was a notice by the pub--note to self: acquire guard chickens
     We had lunch at a pub, chatted, and then headed home and had a nice, relaxing evening. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment