Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Disclaimer and Excuses

   I would like to take this opportunity to warn about and apologize for my terrible grammar, and in particular, my abuse of commas. I hope that someday I will figure out how to utilize them in the proper way, but as of now, I have no mother or roommates to correct me and am just putting them wherever I feel like. It's actually a super artistic thing, I am putting commas when I would usually pause for a breath in my natural speech for a more personable affect. I comfort myself in also pointing out that my run-on sentences are not as long as Jane Austin's...except she may have actually made her one's work in a tricky way that made them just really long and and not grammatically running-on? I haven't examined her sentence structure lately, so I'll just pretend. Also, because I don't usually have lots of time to write so I am lazy and just write as I think (dangerous--I know) so I very rarely revise and if you are ever an English teacher and use a sample of my writing to show kids what not to do, I will be demanding royalties. So...hopefully my trips are exciting enough that no one is distracted by cringing over my poor writing. I hope by being in English-land that I will magically understand the use of commas and the subtle differences between the colon and semi-colon and eventually stop writing horrendously long sentences that are really three or four sentences being forced to share a period and learn me some good English skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment