Saturday, November 12, 2011

London Round 2

  
   Yes, I'm back in good ol' London town! My program decided instead of going to Venice to take us to London so we could compare and contrast it with Paris. 
   It was super fun to go back again because if you remember I didn't have much time to see things last time. Also, because I was with a group I was able to hear about everybody's suggestions of things to do. 
  # 1 suggestion I followed:
all-you-can-eat Indian food. 
It was so yummy! I definitely ate myself sick.
   Then a small group of us walked to the London Eye--I have decided that night walks are one of my very most favorite things. I could just walk all night, it's so beautiful with all of the streetlights and the stars! *sigh* I just wish it wasn't so risky in a city, I would love to go on night walks every night, but lone female night-walkers are often assumed to be dodgy characters.
   On our walk almost all of the wrong-way signs had been jazzed up by some creative person:
Fab!
   Speaking of street art, I can't believe I haven't shared this song. It's probably why I like street art so much, the poetry is absolutely stunning-- je vous présente: "A Poem On The Underground Wall."
Then we stumbled upon Hogwarts!
And saw the lovely moon having a chat with a planet (?) over the Thames. 
   After seeing the London Eye (the blue thing in the picture above), we walked to the nearest underground station and on our way this caught our attention:
Underpants draped over light bulbs.
It was both beautiful and bizarre at the same time. 
Then we minded the gap,
and went back to the hostel we were staying in.
   I really like youth hostels, or at least the idea of them, I haven't actually had a very legitimate experience because the room has always been reserved for a group of people that I know. It's just really fun to feel all wild and free without much baggage to tie you down and to sleep in bunk beds and share bathrooms...ok, that part isn't very fun...but it just feels so nice, make-shift, and gypsy-like! 

1 comment:

  1. HAILEY! I love reading your blog! It's so candid and funny. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete