Thursday, July 28, 2011

Brenton-on-Sea

     Brenton-on-Sea is one of the most beautiful of the beautiful places we stayed at. The place we stayed at was absolutely lovely and there were only two other families at the self-catering place we were at. The beach was just a short walk away and had a very unique castle-shaped rock formation with a ladder that led up into it--I felt like one of the adventures in Enid Blyton's Adventure series!
    One of the nights we were all lounging in the living room and we spotted a massive spider (massive meaning bigger than someone's nail)!!! We quickly exterminated it only to find that it had a friend that had also been lurking around! We began a spider-termination crusade that involved me standing on the counter and the brave knights (a.k.a. the fam) searching the many nooks that those creepers like hanging in. It was all okay and it only took me a couple hours to get over my almost nervous-breakdown (this scene may or may not have been dramatized for entertainment's sake).
I really, really don't like spiders...they're so eughh
       We went on a fantastic walk on the beach and found all sorts of weird creatures I've never seen before. For example there were these dodgy snail seashells that buried themselves in the sand at the speed of light (I'm only exaggerating a little bit) and ate all of the jellyfish casualties that lined the shore.
We also found a weird octopus thing that had an exoskeleton! I had never imagined that an octopus could grow such a thing. We later found out that it was called a paper nautilus. It looked like something out of a sea-myth!
I loved Brenton-on-Sea, and like most places that we went, I wish we could have spent more time there!

No comments:

Post a Comment